How To Post Marriage Banns in Italy

How To Post Marriage Banns in Italy


The proxy must be accompanied by a photocopy of your identity card or passport and must have a validity of at least six months.

If you are not European Union citizens and are not resident in Italy, you must have your signature authenticated by a notary.

If you are a Non-EU citizen and do not have residency in Italy, you will be required to provide the “nulla osta” in order to show you meet all the legal requirements.

The Certificate of Freedom to Marry can be obtained from the countries who have signed the Munich Convention:

Austria, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg, Moldavia, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.

If you are not sure of the legal requirements for marriage, contact Italian Gala or the civil registration office in in the city you have selected to marry y in advance to find out what is required.

If you reside abroad and you wish to apply for a Certificate of Freedom to Marry, you can contact their nearest Embassy of your country or apply only through the Embassies websites.

If you need further assistance, get in touch with us today we will assist you for this and all other requirements you may have.